Learning pole dance at home can be caused by many reasons. Now we’re all #stayhome because of COVID-19. But at normal times, home classes are also very relevant. You can fully train pole dance at home on your own, or you can practice in addition to your training in the dance studio. In addition, it is very convenient, because you yourself choose when and how much to train, and also do not waste time on the road.
Anyway, we have some useful and effective tips and reminders on how to learn pole dance at home. You can find out more about it in the article below.
Learning Pole Dance at home with a Pole
If you have a pole installed at home, you can, of course, take online lessons, paid and free, on your own.
Do not forget about safety when performing complex tricks – be sure to put the mat, and do not ignore the high-quality warm-up – be sure to fully warm up the whole body, so as not to damage the muscles during training.
Below are some of our recommendations on how to work with the pole yourself.
Several YouTube channels to practice pole dance at home:
We propose you to check out some of our favorite pole dance home workouts:
Let’s train Pole Dance Spins:
Popular paid online courses:
- Open Dance Academy.
- X Pole TV.
- Courses on Udemi.
- Studio Veena.
- Danna’s Online Pole Dancing Course.
- Pole and Aerial.
We have chosen the best poles for home use. Check out the details.
Regularly train basic elements
Pole dance requires ongoing support for your fitness. You must constantly train the basic elements on both sides. Some of these elements are:
- chopper (invert V, straddle);
- the hang on the leg;
- basic Climb;
- basic spins (chair spin and variations, soldier, frog).
This is a base that needs to be done regularly.
When training at home, do not forget to carry out each strength element on both sides. Observance of this, I am not afraid of this word, the MAIN rule in Pole dance, guarantees the uniform development of the muscles of your body.
Training without a Pole
Even if you don’t have a pole at home, you can maintain your physical form with various exercises with improvised tools and with your own body weight.
Most of the tricks in Pole Dance include grip. Therefore, grip and wrist training is a must for pole dancers.
Exercises with an expander for hands. Buy an expander – it is inexpensive, but can almost completely replace your pole for grip training. I think there’s no need to explain how to handle a hand-espander ?.
Wrist Strengthening Exercise:
- get on all fours;
- make sure your palms are strictly under your shoulders and your knees are under the pelvis;
- lift the heel of your wrists and slowly lower it;
- do 15-20 such repetitions.
You can do this exercise standing up, pushing your palms off the wall. Depending on the tilt of the body, you can adjust the complexity of the load on the palm of your hand.
Posture plays a key role in the pole technique. You have to constantly control the shoulders to be lowered back, the shoulder blades put together.
Exercise “W” will help strengthen the muscles of the upper back.
Watch the video below about a detailed explanation of the athlete’s exercise technique. The same technique is also suitable for pole dancers.
Working out the purity of motion
A good helper for pole dancer is classical ballet. It helps to make body lines longer and smoother, and the body stronger. Such independent training at home will definitely help you and come in handy when performing tricks and spins on the pole.
For example, you can try one of these lessons:
An important point is working with the feet. Here are some exercises for stretching the foot:
Exercise for tightening knees
The most universal exercise is to sit down, stretch even legs forward, stretch the flex feet, and pull your knees into the floor by force.
Exercise for improving your chopper
A set of exercises for a chopper:
- Sit on the floor, stretch your legs forward, and spread them out as wide as possible.
- Start lifting one foot up 30 degrees from the floor cute. You have to do 15 times or for 20-30 seconds on one foot.
- Do the same on another leg.
- Next, lift both legs together. It’ll be a little harder, try to use the press. Be sure to keep your back straight, a chopper with a humpbacked back looks ugly!
- Lie on your back, press your hands along the body, press your lower back to the floor. Raise your legs up, “open” them as wide as possible, as in the position of the chopper. Start to lift the pelvis up and towards yourself, slowly lower it back. Keep your legs level at all times. This way you can train your abs and buttocks for the chopper pose. Do 20-40 reps.
Balance sheet work
Your main assistant in balance practice is swallow exercise.
For an advanced level, try to stand on the half finger.
And of course, the best thing you can do to improve your pole dancing work technique at home is stretching. It is important not to overdo it and stretch correctly. Here are some articles on stretching that will be useful for training at home:
- How to do the splits?;
- Stretching to Lose weight;
- Exercises for stretching the back
- What to wear to a pole dancing class.
So, Dear Pole People, we hope, this article about home pole training was useful for you.
Write down what was good for you.
Perhaps you have tried one of our proposed home training sessions, then write how it feels?
You can also leave links to other online trainings and courses – we will be glad to collect on this page full information about pole dance lessons at home!